5/20/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 5/20



Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire,
which parted and came to rest on each one of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit...
-- Acts of the Apostles 2:1-11 


These lilies belong to the family Gloriosa   
and strike me as nature's bow to Pentecost Sunday.

Today's Pause for Prayer follows the photographs.




>





Lord,
Those tongues of fire,
descending on Jesus' disciples,
did not singe or scorch or burn
but rather, anointed your chosen
to be faithful to you
and to your gospel...

In the same way, Lord,
infuse me, send your Spirit upon me,
and bless, anoint, charge me
to be faithful to you and to your gospel...

And because of my weaknesses, Lord,
let this same Spirit heal and strengthen me,
inspire and counsel me
with the courage and wisdom I need
to be faithful to you and to your gospel...

Come, Holy Spirit of Jesus risen,
and fill my heart
with the fire of your presence...

Lord, send forth your Holy Spirit
to heal and recreate me
that I might be faithful to you and your gospel...

Send forth your Spirit, Lord,
and you shall renew the face of the earth...

Amen.



 

     

Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!