2/7/18

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 2/8

Image source

How many times a day, Lord,
do I miss a moment of peace,
a gift of your grace,
a chance to pray,
a break from the craziness,
a breathing space,
a reason to be happy,
a vision of beauty,
a point of insight,
time to grow in faith,
in hope, in love?

How many times each day, Lord,
do I let these moments
pass me by
because I'm too busy, too angry,
too tired, too distracted,
too selfish, too proud,
too careless?

All good gifts come from you, O Lord,
so I know the good things I miss
are blessings from your hand,
sent to me each day...

So, today, Lord,
open my eyes, my ears, my mind
my imagination, heart and soul
to every gift and blessing dropped
from your hands into mine...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!