2/18/18

Monday Morning Offering: 2/19

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Help me discover, Lord,
what you want to do in my life
this Lent...

I'm so often blind to your presence, deaf to your voice,
too busy to see you right at my side:
open my eyes to the ways you'll meet me in these 40 days;
open my ears to the words you'll speak to me;
and open my heart to how you want to heal and mend me
in Lent 2018...
I know you invite and help me in this holy season:
to pray, that I might grow closer to you;
to fast, that I might hunger for what's truly satisfying;
to care for the poor and deepen my dependence on you...

Teach me to pray, Lord
- help me make the time.
Keep me faithful to fasting
- nourish me with your Word and your presence.
Give me a generous heart
- help me see that I have, already,
     much more than I need....

Oh, and I have a special favor to ask of you, Lord,
and here it is...

And there are some folks I know who need your help:
you know their names already,
but let me mention them now...

Lord, in your love and in your mercy, 
hear my prayer…







Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!