1/23/18

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 1/23


Just musing, Lord, on simple things
to which I could pay more attention
and for which I should be more grateful...

Things like:
   a crisp, sunny day in January,
   a friend's touch on my shoulder
   a hint of your presence beside me
   the freedom in which I live
   the beauty of my friend's new grandchild
   catching up with an old friend
   the light of the moon and the stars
   a bed to sleep in
   good dreams
   a morning shower
   warm ear muffs
   breakfast, lunch and dinner
   good music, well played and sung
   sunlight
   clouds
   and rain
   flowers blooming
   memories, memories, memories
   crops growing
   cold drinks on hot days
   hot chocolate on cold days
   your forgiving my sins
   a hot shower, a clean shave
   finally doing what needs to be done
   the loyalty of family and friends 
   a day with no bad news
   lapping waves at the shore
   seeing an old friend at Sunday mass
   a sleeping baby
   remembering what I'd forgotten
   a child at play
   word that my friend feels better
   something to look forward to
   naps
   telling the truth when it's hard
   a friend who has my back
   the satisfaction of a job well done
   soft rain
   quiet time, silent time
   a cup of Rocky Mountain Morning tea
   a word when I'm desperate to hear one
   time spent in prayer
   a real letter in the mail
   seeing my work bear fruit
   my morning omelette and salsa
   getting anything done on time
   serving an other's needs
   seeking and finding what's true
   a good night's sleep
   picking up my dry cleaning
   a Monday holiday
   my parish men's group
   doing what I know I should do
   the grace of God
   laundry done, folded, put away
   the patience others have with me
   leaving behind what's foolish
   the sounds of my parish at prayer
   trusting that all shall be well
   doing the next right thing
   cashews and peanuts
   exchanging smiles with a stranger
   making peace my neighbor
   making peace with you
   making peace with myself
   pausing for prayer every day
   staying right in the moment
   living one day at a time
   remembering your love for me...

Just musing, Lord, on simple things
to which I could pay more attention
and for which I should be more grateful...

For all these gifts
and for bringing them to mind,
thank you, Lord!

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!