1/20/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 1/21


Image source


Sometimes, Lord, I see right away 
   what's the right and what's the wrong thing to do -
      but other times it's not so clear...

Sometimes there are several good things to do
   and I need to make a choice... 

And sometimes when it's the wrong thing I want to do
   I convince myself it's a good thing!

Yup!  I need help with this...
 
I need your eyes to help me see the difference
  between right and wrong...

I need your wisdom to help me know what I should do,
   especially when I'm leaning in the wrong direction...

I need your Spirit to help me want to do the right thing,
   especially when the wrong thing is so appealing...

Help me to do the right thing today, Lord,
   and stay faithful to it and see it through... 

You know the truth of it, Lord:   
   sometimes my body and my heart long for what's not so good,
      even for things that are bad for me or for others...

Sometimes I find myself wanting what's unhealthy,
   unwise, unfair - and for what's not mine...

Sometimes I desire the wrong things or the wrong person...

Sometimes I desire what's good
   but in a wrong or selfish way...

Sometimes, I waste my heart's desires
   on the quick and easy, on the slick and pleasurable;
      on what's cheap and selfish...

My heart was made for greater love, Lord,
   and in my heart of hearts
      I know this...

Help me love what's good, Lord,
   and help me settle for nothing less...

Fill my heart with a hunger for what you love
  for whatever you ask and expect of me...

Amen.



     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!