12/9/17

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 12/10


In today's scriptures, Isaiah writes of a voice crying out in the wilderness and Mark's gospel quotes Isaiah in reference to John the Baptist.  This video takes up the same theme in a song composed by Rachel Burckardt.  I sang the lead vocal on this when we recorded it 27 years ago! Today's Pause for Prayer is based on and follows the video.



Let's pause and pray...
Your one voice calls me, Lord:
you speak to my heart,
in my life's wilderness,
in all its dry and barren places...

You call me by name
to prepare a way for you
who come to make of my desert
a lush and blooming garden...

You call me to change,
to change my desires, my habits, my ways:
to clear a smooth path
for you to come and dwell within me...

You call me to make peace,
to be a peacemaker where I am, where I live,
where I work and where I rest,
from day to day, a day at a time...

Of all the voices 'round me, Lord,
help me hear your one voice calling me
to make a way, a place for you to dwell
deep within my soul this Christmas...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!