12/7/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 12/8


Every year around this time
I look for ways to reach out
to those who need some comfort,
who find the holidays to be a difficult time...

Perhaps you're one of those folks and,
whether you are or you aren't, 
you know someone who is...  

So let's pause and pray...
Lord,
the jolly jingle's all around -
but not in every heart...

Red and green are everywhere -
but some folks
just feel blue...

The rushing 'round to buy and wrap
disheartens
lonely souls...
Plans for Christmas eve
leave out
the ones who'll be alone...

Yes, this merry month will be
for some
the hardest time of year...
Then, help me, Lord, I pray...
Help me hear
the tears that softly fall
as Christmas bells are ringing...

Let me see
the hidden shades of blue
that cloud a neighbor's heart...
Help me wrap my love
to give and share
with those who'll be alone...

On hearts that ache
and know the pain
this season often brings,
let your touch come
with grace to heal
with peace on Christmas day...
Amen.
If this prayer describes someone I know,
   how will I reach out to that person this Christmas? 

If this prayer describes me,
   how will I respond to those who reach out to me?

Or perhaps I'm a person who needs to reach out to others
   while welcoming others' gracious gestures towards me...

Is there someone I might visit or call
   or invite to join me for Christmas? 

Will I isolate and hibernate through holidays
or step outside my grief to join with those
who bid me share their love?


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!