9/14/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/15



Over the past year, Lord,
I've come to find, to know, to hold a peace
deep within,
the likes of which I've never known before...

I find myself at peace with you, Lord,
with the world and the people around me
and with myself:
I have no way to put into words
the gratitude I have for this unexpected gift,
this unexpected peace...

I know so many, Lord,
who long to find, to know and hold
just this inner peace I've found - and if I could
I'd slice and package what I've found
and share it, generously,
here, there and everywhere
with those I love
and with all whose paths cross mine...

Help me share this gift in any way I can, Lord,
and because I believe it's your desire that each of us
find and know and hold
this unexpected blessed peace
of mind and heart and soul,
send your Spirit to waken in others
what's taken me some 70 years to find...

Help others find your peace
soon and very soon -
but all in your good time, Lord,
all in your good and mysterious time...

And while we wait (and wait some more)
to find and know and hold this inner peace,
be with us Lord:
give us the patience we need
to wait for your peace;
give us the wisdom we need
to know your peace when it comes;
give us the faith we need
to hold this peace, once found,
as the most precious gift that you might give,
the most unexpected blessed gift
that we might hope to find
and know and hold...

Amen.




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. Father, By your words each day you share the peace, the caritas,the love of God. Thank you. Deo Gratia

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!