8/18/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 8/19

Photo by Mark Penta

(While on vacation I'm writing some new posts and reposting some older pieces based on Mark Penta's photography. Last summer, Mark, my favorite caricaturist, spent two hours on a dune at the shore in Truro last year, taking some beautiful photos.  As often happens, Mark's work moved me to pray and share with you...)
Lord,
in but a few hours' time,
on the same shoreline canvas,
you paint your glory in nature's hues,
in subtle, changing shades and shadows...

New masterpieces every day -
and who knows how many times each day?
Photo by Mark Penta
You paint with clouds, water, wind, grass and sand -
and so, I wonder, Lord, how
with your glory and beauty,
how are you painting on my soul,
in my body, in my life, every day -
and in what hues and tints
are you coloring and shading my being
with artistry divine?
Photo by Mark Penta
Make me your canvas, Lord,
and let me take the time to find and trace
your brushstrokes in my life, day by day,
lest I miss the beauty of your work
craftng me as your creation:
in your image and your likeness made,
signed by the Artist's hand...
Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!