7/23/17

Monday Morning Offering: July 24



Good morning, good God!

I’ve been noticing, Lord,
how many good people,
really good people,
are part of my life…

This morning, for them,
I offer thanks and praise,
for all the good people
I know in my life:
generous people
who selflessly give…

those who are kind
without pretense or guile…

folks who forgive,
whose pardon is healing…

the ones who are holy
and don’t even know it…

folks who are gentle,
never harsh, rough or coarse…

those who are strong,
whose help lifts me up…

the ones who are pure
in thought, word and deed…

those of conviction
whose zeal never flags…

friends who are faithful
whose love never fades…

those who are happy
with genuine joy…

the honest ones, Lord,
whose truth is a gift…

folks of compassion
with patience unending…
the imprisoned whose freedom
frees my soul...
friends who are loyal
when you need them the most…

those who are help
before anyone asks…

people of prayer
whose presence is peace…
Good people, Lord,
so many good people
there are in my life…

They’re more generous and kind,
forgiving and holy,
gentler, stronger and purer by far,
more deeply convicted, faithful and joyful,
more honest, compassionate, loyal and helpful,
more thoughtful and prayerful
- than I…

Make me grateful for them
and teach me their ways,
these people and friends
whose goodness is yours...

This morning, for them,
I offer thanks and I offer praise
for these very good people
who bless my life...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!