5/16/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 5/16

Photo by CP

If I'd driven instead of walking,
if I'd hurried rather than taking my time,
if I hadn't crossed the street to take a closer look
I'd have surely missed the mystery:
a gorgeous eastern red bud tree,
sprouting from its bark a rare corsage,
worthy of a senior prom...
and fragrant lilacs, understated elegance,
rehearsing a perfect curtsy
for a timely spring debut...
Photo by CP

Oh, if I'd slow down, Lord,
and take in what's around me:
what mystery I might meet,
what fragrance might give hint
of your sweet presence
blossoming in places I might miss
and so miss you...

Photo by CP
If I'd driven instead of walking, Lord,
if I'd hurried rather than taking my time,
if I hadn't crossed the street to take a closer look
I'd have surely missed the mystery, Lord,
and more: I'd have missed you...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!