3/17/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 3/18

Image source

Lent is a time to review my life
with its all its failings and blessings,
a time to take a personal inventory
of how I have loved or failed to love God
and all those whose paths cross my mine...

Sometimes I forget that the people along my path
are as fragile or even more fragile than I am...

If I look to my past
I may remember those I've hurt, saddened
and even betrayed
by my haste, my selfishness,
my carelessness...

More often than not,
I truly didn't intend any harm
but nonetheless my self-interest and neglect
bruised and burdened others...
Lord, if there are ways for me to make amends, 
show me how and give me courage
to say what I need to say
and do what I need to do,
sooner than later...


If the time and circumstances for making amends 
have long since passed me by,
hear my prayer for those I've hurt…

Open my eyes and ears, my mind and heart
to those around me now, Lord:
wake me to their presence and their needs
and keep gentle all the ways my life touches theirs...

Nudge me to take the first step towards making peace
in my family, my neighborhood, at work and at school...

Give me a merciful and forgiving heart...

Help me remember
how much,
how often,
how fully
and how freely 
you have forgiven me...

And forgive me my trespasses
as I forgive those who trespass against me...
Amen.




     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!